Friday, November 17, 2006

LaMarcus Aldridge to Start against the Celtics!!


Just in. Portland Trailblazer Coach Nate McMillan has said he plans to start LaMarcus Aldridge at the center position on Friday night against the Boston Celtics. He added that It'll be the first NBA start for Aldridge, and that his play has been consistent and he can be a reliable scorer and defender. Nate thinks that this move this will add some quickness to the starting lineup. Aldridge has shown an ability to score from the inside and outside and he should be a worthy safety valve and another passing option for Zach Randolph.

From Cleveland:
Cavaliers rookie guard Daniel Gibson and Portland rookie center LaMarcus Aldridge both played for the University of Texas. "He has some of the same skills as some of the best centers in the game," Gibson said. "He's athletic, hungry and he's able to score. I'm a little biased because I played with him." adding, "I've never seen a big man that could do the things he can do," Gibson said. "For example, he'd block a shot on one end and beat me down court for a layup, and I'm really pushing it. The way he runs the floor -- and because he's so humble -- he'll be fine in this league"

Let me know what you think leave me a comment:

No comments: