Thursday, July 27, 2006

Change is a Good Thing For Raef LaFrentz ! (at least this year!)


The former '98 Kansas Jayhawk now a Portland Trailblazer. The 6'11 240lb C, first rounder picked #3 overall, is happy to be living on the west coast. He recently sat down for a Chat with KXL radio in Portland, the following is an except:
Question:
Dusty (Oklahoma City): Hey Raef, I'm a huge Big 12 fan I follow all their players into the pros and you're one of the tops on my list. I really enjoyed you in Boston but I think you will be more effective in Portland, do you think you will play the 4 or the 5 and how big of an impact do you believe you can bring to Portland offensively and defensively?
Reply:
Raef LaFrentz: I don't know where I'll play I can play either position. I'm not a typical 5 and I can play the 4.If they can find minutes for me in both positions that's great. Defensively, when asked to block(1.8+pg)shots,I've been able to do that here.We have Joe Pryzbilla here, who is a pretty good shotblocker already,so whatever role they want me to fill,I'm happy to do it.
Can you imagine the defense!
The Portland Tribune also helped introduce LaFrentz to the City of Portland, they asked how he felt about his new number 9 Trailblazer jersey (I'm sure that he would have liked to have kept his 'ol #45), but he replied that he played the 4 and position, that he would like to swing from power forward to center- and that adds up to 9!
NOTE: He cannot wear his ol' 45 because that jersey is swinging from the rafters in the Rose Garden-retired by Geoff Petrie. He is respectful of the honor. That is kind so ironic, since his counterpart in the trade, one Sebastian Telfair now playing for Boston wants his old number "unretired" if he can just get it down- from the Boston Garden. Some things never change.

Please feel free to drop me a comment:

No comments: